DSI has years of experience managing Microsoft Windows, AS/400 and Unix/Linux servers and can effectively reduce the workload of your IT department by taking over the day-to-day tasks of server management, freeing up your resources to address more strategic issues.Common areas we manage include:
- DNS, web and email services
- Database servers
- Software distribution platforms
Specific service components we offer include:
Server security management
- Identifying and correcting server misconfiguration that could impact reliability or compromise the security of the server;
- Timely installation of all recommended kernel upgrades and security patches;
- Protecting databases from SQL injection attacks;
- Continuous monitoring of log for evidence of attempted security breaches.
Backup and restore services
- Management of scheduled backups of servers and verification of restore capability
- Backups can occur on-location, or your systems can be backed up remotely to our secure facility. Either way, your ability to recover from data loss due to accidental deletion of files or catastrophic hardware failure is assured.
24/7 Server MonitoringDSI has years of experience and employs the latest monitoring technologies to provide you with:
- Utilization trending to give you the ability to predict and prepare for capacity issues that require hardware upgrades;
- Tracking of common failures and other inconsistencies to enhance uptime and facilitate predictive maintenance tasks;
- Response to warnings and alerts with guaranteed response times, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. DSI offers a range of response levels, from notification to emergency response and dispatch.