Messaging in the Corporate Environment
Unified communications and collaboration can speed development, increase efficiency and reduce costs in the corporate environment. The interoperability of e-mail, phones, PDAs and collaborative web applications provides communication options that were unavailable just a few short years ago. These benefits do not come without a price, however.
Mobile phone, Blackberry®, and PDA issuesWorkforce mobility has added another dimension to this scenario. Mobile phone, BlackBerry and PDA users pose additional administrative issues and security risks. It’s important to have the ability to centrally reset device passwords for users, track devices, and lock and wipe lost or stolen devices that may carry sensitive company data.
Instant messaging and collaborative spacesInstant messaging and web-based collaborative spaces are becoming more popular in the workforce. Productivity is greatly enhanced by these technologies. If uncontrolled, however, their use can have serious implications for the company. Without content filtering, these business tools can become avenues for malware and data leakage.
The DSI DifferenceDSI has designed and managed such heterogeneous communications environments for companies ranging in size from a few dozen to thousands of seats. Our knowledge of our customers’ specific business needs allows us to tailor communication solutions that deliver firm ROI. Our knowledge of the administrative tasks, risks and benefits of each of these technologies has allowed us to enhance our customers’ workforce productivity while maintaining proper security and controlling cost. Additionally, DSI has been able to absorb much of the associated administrative workload, freeing our customers’ internal IT staff to handle more strategic business issues.
ExampleDSI has implemented and continues to manage e-mail, mobile devices and content filtering for many of our customers. The following is a list of some of the major benefits.
- Unified Messaging: Voice mail delivered to company email / smartphone. Users receive important messages when away from their desks.
- Mobility: Large-scale BlackBerry deployment greatly increased communication throughout the enterprise.
- Hosted Email: Customer no longer has the need to dedicate IT staff to maintain and administer an internal mail server. Email is provided as a service, with guaranteed SLAs.
- Spam Reduction: Fully hosted anti-spam solution decreased the amount of unwanted email traffic while removing all of the administrative overhead.
- Message Content Inspection: Allows the speed and efficiency of instant messaging without the risk of information leakage and spyware.